360 Degree Feedback Company survey uses a process in which the employees obtain anonymous and confidential feedback from the people who work with them. This usually includes the peer, the manager, and the direct reports. About eight to twelve people fill out the online feedback form which includes questions that cover a wide range of workplace competencies.
The feedback forms have questions that are measured on a rating scale. Here the raters are asked to provide written comments. The person who is receiving the feedback is also asked to fill out the same form of questions.
The leaders and the managers within the company use this to better understand their strength and weaknesses. The 360 feedback system analyzes the result and presents them in a format which will help the feedback recipient to develop a plan for their own improvement.
360 degree feedback company survey can also be useful for people who are not in the management role. The tool can be utilized by non-managers to become more effective in the present roles. It also enables them to understand what they need to focus on in order to move to move into the management role.
How is 360 Degree Feedback Used?
An organization generally uses the 360 degree system in one of the following ways.
- As a development tools that will help the employees to recognize the weakness and strength in order to become more effective. With the help of this, an employee can give anonymous feedback to their co-worker which might otherwise be uncomfortable. The recipients of the feedback are able to gain an insight as to how others consider them to be and thus, have an opportunity to adjust their behavior.
- It is also used as a performance appraisal tool that is used for measuring the performance of an employee. Moreover, a 360 degree feedback company employee tool focuses on the competencies and behaviors rather than on the job requirements, basic skills, and performance objectives. These things are generally addressed by a manager and the employee as a part of the annual review performance.
The Benefits of Using 360 Degree Feedback
There are several benefits of using 360 degree feedback with an organization. Some of the benefits have been mentioned below.
- It facilitates frequent and transparent communication and this can improve the level of communication within the organization. This helps in enhancing the performance of the team. Research has shown that formal, as well as informal communication improves between the team members after the incorporation of 360 degree feedback.
- Using this tool will help in increasing the self-awareness among the team members as people consider the assessment of their own performance in comparison to other’s performance. Self-awareness can also lead to transparency and increased communication among the employees.
- An effective 360 degree feedback company tool will focus on the behavior which aligns with the objectives and team values. The process of filling the forms offers the raters with great insight and understanding of their values and behaviors for the success of the organization.
However, an organization needs to make sure that they are asking the right questions. Effective care has to be taken to protect the anonymity of the raters.